Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head Middle School Orchestra Teacher (2019-2020 School Year)
at Edinburg CISD
Job Reference #: 4812
Openings as of 10/21/2019
Middle School Teaching
- Head Middle School Orchestra Teacher (2019-2020 School Year) JobID: 4812
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/Music - Orchestra
- Date Posted:
Longoria Middle School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s)
|REPORTS TO:||Principal||APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Open Until Filled|
|LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:||10 months||DATE REVISED:||08/27/2015|
|SALARY RANGE:||$49,033 |
|$65,810 Maximum||PAY GRADE:||Teacher |
Plus $5,000 Head Supplement
Plus 7 Extra Days
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
Highly Qualified as per NCLB guidelines, if applicable to teaching assignment
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
· Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
· Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and
· Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
· Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
· Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
· Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
· Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
· Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
· Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
· Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
· Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the
· Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
· Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional
development of students.
· Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
· Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
· Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
· Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
· Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
· Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
· Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
· Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom
· Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
· Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
· Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
Signature of Employee: Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.