Mission Consolidated ISD
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mission Consolidated ISD
Openings as of 10/21/2019
- 2019-2020 Locksmith JobID: 3782
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Must be familiar with all aspects of locks and door hardware
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Minimum of two years experience in field of work
- Provides daily, preventive and emergency maintenance services in the areas of locks and keys.
- Periodically checks locking devices in the schools and offices and makes necessary repairs.
- Replaces metal doors when required.
- Installs door hardware, including, but not limited to, hinges, locks, closers, thresholds, sweeps, and weather stripping.
- Works cooperatively with other departments in maintaining secure buildings.
- Responsible for successfully completing all work orders and submit to office staff in a timely manner
- Works cooperatively with other departments in maintaining school properties
- Helps keep vehicle in safe operating condition, and inspects and adjusts tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
- Learns and follow proper safety procedures; follows safety regulations in the performance of duties; and reports accidents immediately.
- Re-keys locks to single, sub-master and master keys.
- Maintains confidential records of keying systems in the district.
- Responsible to report any misuse or duplication of district keys.
- Ensures vehicles, equipment, and tool boxes are locked and secure at all times while vehicle is left unattended.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MISSION CISD EMPLOYEE,
PLEASE SUBMIT A COMPLETE TRANSFER FORM
VIA THE INTERNAL APPLICANTS' LINK
|REPORTS TO:||Director for Maintenance/Facilities/Construction & Construction Supervisor||APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Until Filled|
|LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:||260||DATE REVISED:||8/8/19|
|>HOURLY RANGE:||$15.90 - $22.64 |
Locksmith is responsible to provide students and staff with a safe, attractive, and comfortable environment by assisting in the overall operation and maintenance of all locks, locking devices, and entry systems in the district.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Shop Equipment and tools:
Back-hoe, trenching machine, and–electric hand tools, small hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, sockets, pliers, crimpers, wire cutters, etc.), hand saws, power tools, drills, jacks, and lift equipment
Vehicle and related equipment:
District Vehicle and Light van or truck seat belts, shoulder harness, safety equipment (flares, reflective signs), fire extinguisher, radio communication equipment
Ability to concentrate, communicate effectively (verbal and written), interpret, reason, read, compute, instruct and maintain emotional control under stress; ability to handle several projects at the same time with frequent interruptions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Ability to frequently lift and carry heavy weights (45 pounds and over), sitting, standing, walking, climbing (stairs, ladder, scaffold, or ramps), balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive hand motions, hearing, speech, visual acuity, distinguishing colors, frequent driving and traveling, exposure to temperature extremes (hot or cold), exposure to humidity extremes, exposures to noise, exposure to low or intense illumination, exposure to vibration, exposure to microwaves, exposure to biological hazards (Communicable diseases, bacteria, insects, mold, fungi, etc.), exposure to chemical hazards (asbestos, fumes, vapors, gases, dust, smoke, etc.), exposure to electrical hazards, work outside, prolonged exposure to sunlight, work with hands in water, work around moving object or vehicles, work around machinery with moving parts, work on slippery surfaces, work on uneven surfaces, work alone, work prolonged or irregular hours
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I acknowledge I received a copy of this job description.
Employee’s Signature: Date
Supervisor’s Signature: Date
The Mission Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
>Updated Salary 19-20